Saturday, October 8, 2011

Simple Instructions

What type of person are you? I mean, how easily are you irked by the simple facts of life that don't turn out the way you want? For example, at a local Starbucks, you ask the barista to fill you a nice cup of ice coffee, sweetened, with milk and a touch of hazelnut… and instead you get all but the milk, sugar, or hazelnut. Does it matter if that happens in the morning, lunch, or after a long day at work?

But what about if this keeps happening constantly… not necessarily at the local Starbucks, but other places, like McDonnalds? I don't know about you, but I consistently have to reinforce my request. Sometimes, I wonder if it's my spoken english that is an impediment to others. I don't want to sound ignorant, but some people just aren't qualified to be out there with the customers. Because, some customers get really irritated, and in the defense of normal people, this is an unfortunate event.

There are other more important things in life than getting your order right the first time. After all, you're getting a service, which by a definition is not a right.

On the same line of thought, I don't believe the excuse for not following simple instructions is defined by the concept "it's only human to make mistakes" because then we would definitely be in trouble, all the time. It may come as a surprise to you but these types of mistakes go unnoticed for the most part. Until, of course, it's a "big deal" and all the hell breaks loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment